X-Cart POS released and beta-testers awarded; X-Cart 5.1 released and goes Freemium!Today we have 3 important announcements, and each is actually worth a separate detailed blogpost. So get ready to a long read! The beta-testing of X-Cart Point of Sale is finally finished, and so is the beta-stage of X-Cart 5.1 with Bootstrap and a responsive skin on the board. And the release of 5.1 means a switch to freemium model we have already written about the last week. More details below.
X-Cart Point of SaleThe X-Cart POS system is designed to make running a business easier for entrepreneurs.It allows to sell both online and offline using just one software. It’s available for both X-Cart 4 Classic and X-Cart 5 You may be interested in X-Cart POS if:
- You have an existing eCommerce site, and you want to open a brick and mortar store
- You want to sell your products online, without having to maintain and invest in new inventory
- You are sick of managing 3 pieces of software: an online shop, an offline shop and a connector between them
- Single web interface Add a new product to the database and decide whether it should be available in the online storefront, or if you want to sell it in your retail store only, or in both.
- Accept payments, print receipts and barcode labels Works with popular and affordable hardware – that you probably already have. If not, you can easily purchase it.
- Full access for the store administrator, additional “POS operator” user role for staff Operator’s permissions may be limited to accepting orders from visitors shopping at your POS location: Add items to cart by scanning their barcode labels, place and process the order, print a receipt
- Works with barcodes Generate the barcode within the store interface, print it and stick, or scan the existing barcode the manufacturer printed
- Find the products instantly Scan the barcode label to find the product and add it to cart, or update inventory, or modify the product properties.
- Detailed user manual is available for both X-Cart 4 and X-Cart 5!
X-Cart thanks the beta-testers and awards a valuable gift to them – a license for the X-Cart POS module (including a year of free upgrades) which can be used with both X-Cart 4 Classic and X-Cart 5:Can’t wait to see details? Visit the X-Cart Point Of Sale page to check out the hardware and view pricing.
- William Quinn, “Bills Trains and Tracks”
- Nathaniel Nijman, “The Border”
- Rene Peterson,”Supramatic Espresso Solutions”
- Rob Stolk,”PHworX”
- Harold Alvarez, “Miami Hydroponics”
X-Cart v.5.1 releasedAfter a mоnth of thorough testing we’re rolling out X-Cart 5.1. The release of this Beta was met with the words of encouragement, and inspired with a very positive community attitude, we went on to improving our new-generation platform. And the approach was to enhace it deep, not broad. So we haven’t added any more features since the release of Beta, but polished the ones, announced with the Beta release:
- Responsive Skin with Color Schemes
- Fulfilment statuses
- Order Tracking Numbers
- Orders list improvements ( displaying Subtotal, Additional Search Filters)
- Import enhancements (speed, error debugging, import by SKU-Field, CSV format)
- UI improvements of the Image Uploader Widget, it’s really nice now
- UPC/ISBN & Man #/Vendor # fields for products (also work with variants)
- For sure, compatibility with our new Point Of Sale system by means of a commercial module
- The RU edition finally gets Integration with 1C: Trade management available as a part of Expanded Business package of the totally revamped X-Cart site in Russian.